Current information (departure, arrival) about the Interlaken Ost station
Train arrival and departure times accurate to the minute:
1. Time of departure of trains Interlaken Ost station (departure Interlaken Ost railway station)
2. Time of arrival of the trains in Interlaken Ost station (arrival Interlaken Ost railway station) Current traffic reports (disruptions and failures, e.g. after storms, temporary changes to the timetable)
Timetable Interlaken Ost railway station
Time and track of the departure and arrival of the trains Interlaken Ost railway station
Trains, Buses and Flights
All in One Search
Interlaken Ost railway Station
Interlaken Ost or Interlaken East is a railway station in the resort town of Interlaken in the Swiss canton of Bern. The station was previously known as Interlaken Zollhaus. The town has one other station, Interlaken West.
Interlaken Ost is an important railway junction at the meeting point of three railway lines, the Thunersee line of the BLS AG, the Brünig line of the Zentralbahn, and the Bernese Oberland railway (BOB). In addition to trains operated directly by the owners of these lines, the station is also reached by passenger trains of the Swiss Federal Railways, Deutsche Bahn, all of which operate over the Thunersee line.
The station provides an interchange with the local bus network provided by PostBus Switzerland and the regional bus line to Thun provided by Verkehrsbetriebe STI. Ships of the BLS-owned fleet on Lake Brienz serve a quay at Interlaken Ost, which they access via a navigable reach of the Aar river.
As of the December 2020 timetable change, the following services stop at Interlaken Ost:
- EuroCity / InterCity / Intercity Express (ICE): hourly or better service to Basel SBB. Most northbound trains terminate in Basel; a single EuroCity continues to Hamburg-Altona and two ICEs continue to Berlin Ostbahnhof.
- InterRegio / Regio: half-hourly service to Meiringen and hourly service to Lucerne.
- RegioExpress: four trains per day to Zweisimmen.
- Regio: half-hourly service to Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald; trains operate combined between Interlaken Ost and Zweilütschinen.