Current information (departure, arrival) about the Chiasso station
Train arrival and departure times accurate to the minute:
1. Time of departure of trains Chiasso station (departure Chiasso railway station)
2. Time of arrival of the trains in Chiasso station (arrival Chiasso railway station) Current traffic reports (disruptions and failures, e.g. after storms, temporary changes to the timetable)
Timetable Chiasso railway station
Time and track of the departure and arrival of the trains Chiasso railway station
Trains, Buses and Flights
All in One Search
Chiasso railway station
|Location|| Via Giuseppe Motta
Chiasso railway station (Italian: Stazione di Chiasso) is a station owned by the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB CFF FFS). It serves the town of Chiasso, in the canton of Ticino, Switzerland, and is also a border station between Switzerland and Italy.
The station is both the southern terminus of the Gotthard railway (owned and operated by SBB CFF FFS), and the northern terminus of the Milan–Chiasso railway (owned by Rete Ferroviaria Italiana and operated by Trenitalia). It is situated a few metres from the border, with the eastern section of Platform 1 being located on Italian territory, and is separated from the Italian city of Como by twin railway tunnels through the Monte Olimpino.
Given its location, Chiasso is an important station, not only for the connection between Italy and Switzerland, but also for that between northern and southern Europe. The station is served by the long-distance trains that cross the Gotthard, together with S10 and S40 of the Ticino regional network, and line S11 of the Milan suburban service.
As of the December 2021 timetable change, the following services stop at Chiasso:
- EuroCity:RE80: half-hourly service to Locarno and hourly service to Milano Centrale.
- ten trains per day between Zürich Hauptbahnhof and Bologna Centrale, Genova Piazza Principe, Milano Centrale, or Venezia Santa Lucia;.
- two trains per day between Basel SBB and Milano Centrale or Milano Porta Garibaldi.
- S10: half-hourly service to Biasca and hourly service to Como San Giovanni.
- S11: hourly service to Milano Porta Garibaldi.
- S40: hourly service between Varese and Como San Giovanni.
|Preceding station||EuroCity||Following station|
towards Frankfurt (Main) Hbf
|Frankfurt to Milan||Como San Giovanni
towards Milano Porta Garibaldi
towards Zürich Hbf
|Zürich to Milan||Como San Giovanni
towards Bologna Centrale, Genova Piazza Principe, Milano Centrale or Venezia Santa Lucia
|Preceding station||TILO||Following station|
|RE80||Como San Giovanni
towards Milano Centrale
|S10||Como San Giovanni
|Preceding station||Trenord||Following station|
|Terminus||S11||Como San Giovanni|