Current information (departure, arrival) about the Zermatt station
Train arrival and departure times accurate to the minute:
1. Time of departure of trains Zermatt station (departure Zermatt railway station)
2. Time of arrival of the trains in Zermatt station (arrival Zermatt railway station) Current traffic reports (disruptions and failures, e.g. after storms, temporary changes to the timetable)
Timetable Zermatt railway station
Time and track of the departure and arrival of the trains Zermatt railway station
Trains, Buses and Flights
All in One Search
Zermatt railway station
Zermatt railway station is a metre gauge railway station serving the car-free mountaineering and ski resort of Zermatt, in the Canton of Valais, Switzerland. It is the southern terminus of the BVZ Zermatt-Bahn (BVZ), which connects Zermatt with standard gauge lines at Visp (served by SBB-CFF-FFS) and Brig (served by SBB-CFF-FFS and BLS AG). Since 1 January 2003, the BVZ has been owned and operated by the Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn (MGB), following a merger between the BVZ and the Furka Oberalp Bahn (FO). The station is across the street from Zermatt GGB railway station, the valley terminus of the Gornergrat Railway.
Every day, several Glacier Express trains, which are operated at this point by the MGB, either originate from, or terminate at, Zermatt station. The MGB also operates regional services to Brig at hourly intervals.
Additionally, due to Zermatt's car-free status, the MGB has a frequent special shuttle train service between Zermatt and nearby Täsch, where people travelling to and from Zermatt by combustion-engined vehicles are required to park their machines. For the better part of most days, this service operates at 20-minute intervals; it takes 12 minutes.
The following services stop at Zermatt:
- Glacier Express: one or more trains per day, depending on the season, to St. Moritz or Chur.
- half-hourly service to Visp, with every other train continuing to Fiesch.
- shuttle service every twenty minutes to Täsch.
|Preceding station||Glacier Express||Following station|
|Terminus||Glacier Express||Brig Bahnhofplatz
towards St. Moritz
|Preceding station||Matterhorn Gotthard Bahn||Following station|